Adopting a plant based, cruelty free diet is the best thing you can do for the environment, your health and to stop paying for animal cruelty.
Here is a website we recommend to give you all the tools you need to transition to this new diet: http://whyveg.com/
Here are a few reasons
For the environment
- Use only 18 times less land to feed yourself.
- To produce 1KG meat can take over 8kg food to produce.
- 91% of all land clearing is due to agriculture.
- Livestock or livestock feed occupies 1/3 of the earth’s ice-free land.
- 70 Billion farm animals worldwide.
- Livestock and their by-products account 51% of all worldwide greenhouse gas emissions.
- Animal agriculture is the leading cause of species extinction, ocean dead zones, water pollution, and habitat destruction.
For the Animals
- You will save the lives of 96 animals every year
- You will no longer have to decide which animals you love and which ones are food
- You will no longer be paying someone else
For your health
- Significantly reduces your risk of obesity, heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis and cancer
- Have more energy